- A complete rewrite of the engine
- Now uses bitboards instead of a 10x12 board representation
- Improves the speed of the evaluation function
- Fixed multiple bugged located in the old evaluation function's code
- In particular backward pawns were completely incorrectly calculated
- Improved King safety
- Now considers safe checks against the king when calculating attacks
- Piece threats
- Hanging pieces are now penalized
- Now supports multiple cores.
- Lazy implementation threads only communicate via the hash table.
- Approximately 100 elo stronger than version 1.8 on a single core.